Roses have many meanings to them based on culture and mythology.
Because of the many meanings of roses, the meaning in the dream depends on what you personally feel about the roses in your dream, and this dictates their meaning. If you experience roses with longing or sadness, this will indicate a loss in your life. Usually, this is not something coming your way, but something that you have already experienced. Fragrant roses that are given or seen with the happiness of love, then there is usually a positive inclination but it can also be indicative to feeling loved or happy in your waking life.
A rose produces the strongest scent and often, because of its fragrance, it can also bring up a lot of past memories that are represented in dreams. When you have dreams of roses you should not put too much stock in them as sometimes they are just dreams and the other details of the dream is what will dictate the true meaning. The rose or roses in a dream should be thought of as a complement to a larger dream meaning.
Roses have been associated with love and romance for a long time. It is believed that Aphrodite’s tears and the blood of Adonis, the Greek goddess of love, flowed into it creating red roses. Roman mythology believes that red roses are a symbol of love and romance. Christians believed that the flower represented Mary’s virtue. In Hinduism, Lakshmi (deity of wealth and fortune) was said to have received 1008 red rose petals as well as 108 large roses in an ide for Vishnu. In dreams, and popular culture roses have been a symbol of love and romance.
In this dream you may have
- Grown or watered roses.
- Drank tea with a rose inside.
- Smelled roses.
- Given or received a rose.
- Seen pretty roses.
- Found a dried rose.
- Dead roses.
Positive changes are afoot if
- You associate a red rose with love or passion.
- You are given a red rose by someone you love or are interested in.
- You see yellow roses growing in the wild.
- You receive roses as a gift (any color other than white).
Detailed dream meaning
Dreams are always subjective but certain things in a dream will be subjective to more meanings than others. Carl Jung states that the rose is always a symbol of the entirety, the higher spiritual world order. When you dream about a rose this usually represents love in some fashion but it can also represent fertility, admiration, and fidelity. The color of the rose also has a special meaning in your dreams. Red roses are most often for love and romance. Yellow roses can denote friendship or a lifelong non-romantic love. White roses symbolize both peace and death.
The rose is a sign of your own mind reflecting on things that have happened and is a symbol of your own feelings. Go with your own instinct about the rose in your dream to determine the meaning. The rose is from age a symbol of the love, affection, and admiration, in particular the red rose.
At the spiritual level, the rose stands in the dream for perfection and passion, life and death, time and eternity. Besides, she embodies the center of life.
Other common interpretations of roses are
- Finding love – a new relationship is beginning.
- A sign of recognizing love in your life.
- Being happy in a relationship.
- Being given a red rose is an indication that someone new is coming into your life. or that you are going to reach a new and promising level in your love life.
- Seeing a dying red rose is the end of love or a relationship ending.
- Friendship or deep meaningful love (non-romantic).
- Desiring to be close to someone – wanting to open up.
- Increased socialization and finding friends.
- To see a yellow rose that is wilting is a sign to invest more time in friendships.
- Wilting or dead white roses indicate a health issue or even death.
- Vibrant white roses are an indication of waning health.
- White roses over a casket symbolize the death of an era in your life or things changing and progressing in a new direction in your life.
Feelings that you may have encountered during a dream of roses
Pleasant. Pleased. Appreciation. Loved. Enamored. Joy. Sadness. Loss. Sorrow. Regret. Doubt. Longing. Lonely. Abandoned. Dismay. Discouraged. Vibrant. Entertained.
Gracias por leer verdayalma.com. ¡Hasta pronto!